Welcome to Love Chooks home of heritage chicken breeder Stephen Lovegrove
i offer – day old chicks, chicks up to 8 weeks, Pullets from 8 weeks of age, 9 week to point of lay, Chick starter packs, pens, coops, accessories and Bulk cockerels
Heritage breed Day-old Chicks and Fertile Eggs.
Heritage breeds are very attractive & beautiful to look at. They do what chickens would normally do, they will lay eggs in the warm seasons, often getting broody in Spring. They will start to lay around 6 months and won’t lay as much in winter while they are moulting. They may not provide an egg a day, but will lay for around 5-6 years and can live for a long time (up to 13 years). Heritage breeds are perfect if you are after some attractive long term backyard friends as well as eggs.
- Blue & Black Copper Maran
- Bantam Chocolate Orpington
- Standard Buff Orpington
- Pekin – Furness (Furnace)
- Lavender Araucana
- Belgian D’Uccle, – millefleur
- Polish – Buff laced (Chamois) & white in smooth & frizzled feathers
- Bearded Silkie – Blue, black & splash pen
- Bearded Silkie – Pyle, buff & lemon partridge pen
- Olive & Easter egger